Tuesday 1 October 2013

Error - The site collection could not be restored

I encountered this error while restoring a site collection in a separate content database in another server. The complete error message is:

"The site collection could not be restored. If this problem persists, please make sure the content database are available and have sufficient free space."

Below are the steps that I've done to debug and fix the issue:

  1. I checked the size of the hard disk drives and it has sufficient free space. 
  2. I tried to restore it in another PC / server and I have restored it successfully. (That's why I wondered why this error happens only in that particular server)
  3. I checked the design of dbo.Sites table in the newly created content db and found out that there are two missing columns, namely FullUrl and UserAccountDirectoryPath. So, I added manually these columns and after that I have successfully restored the site collection in that server.

FullUrl column


UserAccountDirectoryPath column





No comments:

Post a Comment